Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Great, "Therefore," Of Life

"And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember more....Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence ('freedom, openness, boldness') to enter the Holy Place by the Blood of Jesus,..and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith....Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering...."  (Hebrews 10, NASB)

This quarter I am reading straight through the Bible and not from my usual selections from the various categories, e.g., Pentateuch/History, Prophets, etc.  My devotionals will be from various texts and well as from my daily Psalms reading.

It's that once-every-four-years-time again.  The United States of America is entering into the full fledged 2016 Presidential Election season.  So many people are putting their hopes and aspirations on candidates.  For me personally, I see no one who has announced their candidacy who is a prime Biblically based, Constitutionally sound candidate.  Of course I continue to pray for Jesus' mercy on us all, and will vote and do what I can do to see the United States of America fulfill its prophetic destiny.

But make no mistake; our text is the Foundational hope of mankind, the hope of the nations, the hope of Eternity.  I keep our text on one of my Bible translations on my phone and Kindle.  It is not only the "turning point" of the Hebrew Epistle, it is also the "turning point" of human existence.  The Living Triune God has declared to the human race that our, "sins and...lawless deeds I will remember no more."  How can this be?  How can there be a great Divine "loss of memory?"  As Romans 5 tells us, it occurred, "by one act of righteousness."  The shedding of Jesus' Blood in His Cross erased my sin, your sin, the sin of humanity.  2 Corinthians 3 says, "Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away," viz., blindness, the confusion, the misunderstanding concerning the evil, the sin, the rebellion of humanity, and how mankind could ever be brought into an intimate relationship with the Blessed Trinity.

Left to myself, I would have absolutely no "confidence" to even speak His Name.  In Jesus, however, I have, "confidence, openness, boldness," and only in Jesus, not anything of mine, no goodness, no good deeds, "nothing but the Blood of Jesus."  This is not self made "boldness" or "confidence."  This is Jesus "made."  And as Jesus, "with His own Blood...entered the Most Holy Place once for all," now you and I have entered, "the Holiest of All," likewise, "once for all," no more getting up in the morning to "enter," but getting up in the morning knowing that I have spent the night, will spend the day, will "spend" eternity in Father, in Jesus, in the Holy Spirit, in Father's House, the, "many mansions."

Father, in Jesus' Name, what glorious, glorious Life I have in You.  Amen.
************************
There is still time to contribute to the Crow First Nations children backpacks and a widow's house repair.  I took a "step of faith" and sent $1500.00.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive