Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 6, 2015

Thomas Missed A Good Meeting

"Now Thomas...was not with them when Jesus cameThe other disciples therefore said to him, 'We have seen the Lord.'  So he said to them, 'Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." (John 20:24, 25)

So apparently Thomas did see the nails driven in and the sword thrust into Jesus side.  What Thomas did not "see," however, was that Jesus declares, "the end from the beginning."  Is there any, "unless," in you and me today?

Thomas missed a very important "meeting" because he was probably somewhere sulking, like many of the others, indulging in unbelief, skepticism; we really don't know.  Obviously Thomas did not believe what Jesus had told him a number of times, that He would rise from the dead.  How many times have you and I "missed" something Jesus was "doing" because of unbelief, and were self consumed?

Our Lord Jesus has a way of "appearing" when we least expect Him.  He is "in places," we least expect, dealing with people we least expect, leading us places we least expect.  Perhaps our "expector" should be more attuned
to Jesus, His Words, the Holy Spirit.  I have wondered from time to time how many things I have missed or walked right past because I was not "expecting."

The texts which reveal the activities after Jesus' resurrection reveal the many varied responses of people to unexpected,
disbelieved events, and ways of the Lord Jesus Christ.  As we stay in His Words, seeking His Face, and listening as we do both, we will never miss His "appearings."

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to have my eyes on You and not any disappointments, agenda, or anything that would cause me to not be where You "are."  Amen.
*****************
* Reminder: My mission report is at:    jhs58.blogspot.com    The best way to access is on the Google search engine.
*
I will be on CTV for an 8 minute interview to talk about the coming March of Remembrance.  It will air at 09:00 on April 16.


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive