Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 13, 2015

"When My Heart Is Overwhelmed," My Rock Is Not

"From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than IFor You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemyI will abide in Your tabernacle forever."  (Psalm 61)

"The rock...is higher than I," and, "higher than," everyone else who lives or ever lived on Planet Earth, higher than any philosophy/religion/theology of man which has attempted to usurp Jesus Christ.  If all the "high and mighty" people, viz., people who think they know best, can run their lives best, do not need anything or anyone other than their own stubborn pride to get them through this life would realize what this powerful "shepherd/king" of Israel realized, their lives would be full of The Peace, "which (Who) passes all understanding," and the Very "Cure" for when, "my heart is overwhelmed...."

We learned today that a daughter of some old friends of ours lost her baby.  We don't know how far along the pregnancy was, but when the daughter went for a routine sonogram, they discovered that the baby had been dead for three weeks. 
There are no words. 
There is, however, as I discovered and continue to discover every day, every moment of every day, the reality of our text.  Life will overwhelm every heart which is not rooted in Jesus.  The attempts of humanity to do life on its own would be laughable, if not so pathetically sad.  In such times, we all need, "The Rock [Who] Is Higher than I."

"Their rock is not like our Rock," Moses reminded the Jews.  Those, "God-Breathed," Words are still breathing on/in you and me today.  Daily, as you and I face the day, we have the very Breath of Jesus, His Blessed Majesty, The Holy Spirit, moved and "overseen" by, "Our Father," comforting our, "heart...overwhelmed."  Now in Jesus, Father does not just, "lead me to the rock that is higher than I"; the Living Triune God in Jesus Is My Rock, overwhelming that which would overwhelm my heart, that which would discourage me, defeat me.  Jesus, My Rock, living, dwelling in me and I in Him, is my, "strong tower from the enemy." 

Today, you and I have the great promise that no matter what may come our way, Jesus Is our, "strong tower from the enemy."  And because He Is, "I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings", Lord Jesus--------------------- "forever"!

Father, in Jesus' Name, no one or nothing can comfort, "overwhelmed," hearts as You.  Amen.
******************
Please pray for the interview on CTV this coming Thursday at 09:00

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive