Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pass On His Compassion And Comfort

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3, 4--NIV)

I think it necessary to always remember that God does not "use us" in the way many might think of such religious talk.  When I hear people say, "I just want God to use me," I many times shutter at the resemblance of slavery, viz., use me for a purpose other than me.  Our Lord Jesus does not do this.  Such "theology" leads to a thinking that one is not worth all that much as an individual, rather, only to the degree they can be "used."  Away with such perverted thinking.

The "reason" Jesus does all for us is that He loves us, cares for us, even if we are unable to do or say anything, go and preach, go on many missions, etc.  "For God loved the world this way: He gave...."---- and gives and gives and gives.  Jesus' love is a giving love, not a using love.  Our Living Triune God, Father, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit, does, however, want you and me to remember that His, "compassion and...comfort[]," extend beyond you and me to the suffering of the world.  It is a sort of, "Look what I have done for him/her.  Now allow me to do and Be the same for you?"


Our God is, "the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us.., so that we can comfort those in any trouble."  Verse 5 then tells us, "For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ."  And every day will provide ample opportunities to be such to others.

Father, in Jesus' Name, keep me ever mindful and open to those who need, "comfort...in any trouble with comfort [I myself have] receive[ed] from [You]."  Amen.
**********************
You can watch the live broadcast of my interview on CTVN tomorrow at 09:00 on your computer.  Go to CTVN and click on-- CTVN Player.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive