Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Proverbs 27

"A satisfied soul loathes the honeycomb, but to a hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet."  (Proverbs 27:7)

I never "loathed" the Bible, but there was a season in my life when I was not committed to the, "God-Breathed," Word.  I must have had some satisfaction from some other source, "A satisfied soul...."  But I never experienced such a deep hunger for Jesus, "The Word of God,"
in His Words as that summer when our oldest son died.  Desperation, loneliness, confusion led to, "a hungry soul (to whom) every bitter thing is sweet"; I was actually underlining passages in Leviticus!  Of course there is nothing "bitter" about the Words of God.  But to most of Christendom there are many passages which are never read; to the vast majority there is just no, "honeycomb," in them.

Our, "satisfied soul," is manifest in what we give ourselves to and what we avoid.  People don't value, hence, give themselves to the Words of God because so much in life has satisfied them.  I value His Words because they saved my life------- and are saving me, "O, how love I Thy law (words)!"  This is not a "religious" or super spiritual commitment.  This is, "to Whom shall we go," commitment.  Remember, "All Scripture is God-Breathed"; therefore, "All Scripture," is, "sweet."

Father, in Jesus' Name, there is no other, "honeycomb," than Your Words.  Th ank You for Him/Them.  Amen.
******************
Off to airport in about 40 minutes.


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive