Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Proverbs 26

"The lazy man says, 'There is a lion in the road A fierce lion is in the streets!'"  (Proverbs 26:13)

Basically, if you consider the "lazy" in Scripture, you discover that, "The lazy man," does nothing, "So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the groundSee, here is what belongs to you," i.e.,
what his lord had given him, and, with which he did absolutely nothing. (Matthew 25:25, NIV)  The, "lazy man," just cries out of all the danger, all the evil in the world, and stays in his family room, in his favorite chair, in the proverbial "comfort zone."

So, I guess if I don't want to be categorized as, "The lazy man," I had better watch my belief system, which governs my words, which will reveal what motivates me--------------- fear, or obedience to Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, when there is, "A fierce lion...in the streets!"-- help me to look at You and not the lion.  Amen.
*******************
Please continue to pray for Andreea.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive