Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, October 25, 2013

Proverbs 25


"Take away the dross from silver, and it will go to the silversmith for jewelry. (Pr. 25:4)

No matter what the full meaning of, "dross," we know we don't want it; neither does our Lord Jesus.  It is that which hinders, lessens the "value" or use.  Of course you and I are valuable as children of God through Jesus Christ.  But not everything in me is valuable; hence, "Take away the dross...."  I recognize it as a very long, even lifetime process; I have no illusions of who and what I am and my constant need of "dross removal."  Anyone who does not agree that this is a lifetime process is just not being honest with him/herself or their rightful view of other Believers in Jesus.  Do not imagine for a moment those "great" Christian personages whom you admire is dross free; they are not.  We all need the fire.

When dross is removed, then, "it will go to the silversmith for jewelry."  What is reality in the family of God is that the One Who deals with the dross is also The, "silversmith."  This is a total "in House" process.  This is not some capricious god destroying, ripping up lives for destruction, then saying, "Here, now try to fine some value in this;" no.  This is God, the Living Triune God, manifest in the earth to all nations in Jesus Christ, carefully, delicately dealing with dross, that which limits our life and service, and is no good to us or anyone.  I can just see our Lord when dross is removed, holding up you and me and saying, "There, My creation; 'Therefore, if anyone is in [Me], he is a new creation; all things are passed away; behold, all things have become new.'"  Perhaps the NLT says it best, "....a new life has begun."  It just began when we surrendered our lives to Jesus.  Could I put it this way?  A baby is born; he is our baby, will always be our baby.  But many baths are needed.

Father, in Jesus Name, thank You for being such a wonderful, "Silversmith."  Amen.
*****************
Sarah and I depart October 27 for our Fall Mission; appreciate any prayers.
  
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive