Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Proverbs 23

"Do not remove the ancient landmark, nor enter the fields of the fatherless...." (Proverbs 23:10)  "My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways." (Proverbs 23:26)

Private Property:  Those who went to college, especially during or after the 1960s, probably remember the communist mentality propagated in various forms which railed on private property.  I once posted our text on Facebook and one of our reader's relatives came back with the best anti-private property___ I've heard since the 60s---- party line the whole way.  This is just one reason communism is so evil.  Anyone who reads and believes and acts on the Bible realizes that the Bible speaks of and honors property rights.  "....nor enter the fields of the fatherless."  What an absolutely different world this would be if this simple phrase would have been held in high honor over the centuries.  June 22, 1941, Hitler invaded Russia.  One pretext was to obtain more living space, "lebensroum."  It was a direct violation of Proverbs 23:10.  History is full of myriads of examples in every nation.

"Give Me your heart."  Our Living Triune God wants nothing less or more.  When one has a person's heart, he has everything.  We can work, put on a show of busyness (which is just a disguised ego trip), have church programs and activities which impress the shallow, but if Jesus Christ does not have my heart, He and I have nothing of each other, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  The heart reveals my treasure, my affection, my loyalty.  Every invitation Jesus made to people in the Gospels was to the heart.  One can accurately say, This goes to "the heart of the matter."  And, there is no doubt that when Jesus has my heart, then my, "eyes observe [His] ways."  The reverse is also true.  The surest indication that Jesus has my heart is, "[my] eyes observe [His] ways."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I give you my heart anew right now.  Amen.
************************
Article about Obama's plan to send Iraqi Jewish valuables back to Iraq, at:  jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive