Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Proverbs 10

"The Lord will not allow the righteous to hunger....The wise in heart will receive commands, but a prating fool will fall." (Proverbs 10:3 & 8)
(I sent a video devotional today, but know that some do not receive it; hence, this one.)

What a promise from our Lord Jesus Christ in this difficult and uncertain financial times, "The Lord will not allow the righteous to hunger."  Also found in, "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I shall not want, lack."  My part?  Be righteous, and the righteousness of which Scripture declares is only the righteousness Who Is Jesus Christ in His Atoning Blood.

Verse 8 tells us another "ingredient" in Kingdom Living,"
The wise in heart will receive commands."  The word translated, "receive," means "to take, capture;" it is an agressive act.  And all through Scripture I see that it is obedience to His commands which determines if I am, "wise," or a, "fool."  Some people think that reading the Bible, hearing the Bible, hearing sermons and teachings will impart the power in the promises.  It does not work that way.  Impartation comes only through obedience to The Word of God. 

This time t
hrough the Proverbs I am keenly aware that just reading, or hearing, "the words of God," do nothing for me in the sense of the benefit of their promises and commands if I do not "receive," them in obedience.  How much of what we might call "advice" is found in the Proverbs, better, "commands."  But if I just read them, underline them, nod my head in agreement at them----------- nothing.  "The wise in heart will receive (obey) commands."

"
Receive," by implication, "[Obey] commands," today and we will walk as, "the wise."  And in the remainder of this day, be encouraged that no matter what is going on around us, "The Lord will not allow the righteous to hunger," i.e., His People.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that too much of my life has been reading and not doing Proverbs.
  Thank You for them, and grant me grace to walk in them/You.  Amen. 


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive