Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 18, 2013

How To Know The Will of God

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in youShow me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soulRescue me from my enemies, for I hide myself in youTeach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." (Psalm 143:8-10, NIV))

This text I included in written prayers I compiled during our mission in Berlin, October 1998 to October 1999.  I would greatly appreciate such a prayer now and for the next mission.

What is it which is now before you which has you frustrated, confused, uncertain as to what to do, how to respond to someone or some situation?  I promise anyone who is in a desperate situation, or who just needs a "shot" of encouragement to pray the Bible.  Most of the time I really do not know what to pray, even as Paul wrote to the Roman Church.  Yet when I come to the Word of God, He always has a prayer for me, His prayer, His purpose, His will, His everything.  We cannot pray out of the will of God when we pray the Words of God.  Isn't that what you and I really want? 

There have been many book
s written over the years instructing people in how to know the will of God.  I can save you a lot of money.  Read the Bible; it is nothing but the will of God.  Jesus said to the Jews, "You search and investigate and pore over the Scriptures diligently, because you suppose and trust that you have eternal life through themAnd these [very Scriptures] testify about Me!" (Amplifed Bible)  Searching, investigating and poring over the Scriptures was not the problem.  Failing to see that they point to and reveal Jesus Christ and His purposes was the problem.  So with the Lord Jesus Christ always "before" us, we search, investigate and pore over the Bible to see the Living Triune God in Jesus Christ answering us, "quickly," not hid[ing] Your face from me,..the morning bring[ing] me word of your unfailing love,..show[ing] me the way I should go...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust."  Amen.


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive