Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"But As For Me...."

"But as for me, I will look to the Lord and confident in Him I will keep watch; I will wait with hope and expectancy for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me." (Micah 7:7, Amplified)

The situation in Micah's day was one of betrayal.  He said, "The godly man has perished from the earth, and there is none upright among men."  Murder was all around him, and, "....their hands are... upon what is evil to do it diligently; the prince and the judge ask for a bribe, and the great man utters his evil desire."
  Yet in the midst of this treacherous culture, Micah said, "....I will look to the Lord..., the God of my salvation."

Because I am, "confident in Jesus Christ, I will keep watch," in Jesus Christ.  Because Jesus is dependable, true to His Words, "I will wait with hope and expectancy for Jesus, The God of salvation...."  As with the text, "Looking unto Jesus," this is not a "looking" or "waiting" from a far.  It has to do with focus, trust in Him and His indwelling Presence.  It is not a waiting for God to "show up."  Psalm 46 tells us, "God is...very (literally, "force, abundant, excessive, extremely, firmly") present...."  The Hebrew word for, "present," is "matsa."  Maybe the reason so many people exalt the "presence" theology is that they want you to think that where they are and their meetings are the most anointed, the greatest worship, the real place to be for blessing.  This is in no way to minimize the, "the assembling of ourselves."  But what seems to be my tireless dealing with this is an attempt to encourage us to know that no matter what our location, Jesus is there, no more or less "present" than when in that "great" meeting.
 

The prophet uttered great words.  "....I will look to the Lord and confident IN HIM I will keep watch."  I will not give up, no matter what is going on around me and in me, no matter the increasing decline of my culture and ethnic group.  "I will wait with hope and expectancy for the God of my salvation," our Lord Jesus Christ.  "....My God will hear me."  This is expectant hope, faith, trust.  I can, "wait with hope and expectancy for...God," because of Him about whom John speaks, "....I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him (our King Jesus Christ) was called Faithful and True.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess with Micah
"I will look to [You] and confident in [You] I will keep watch."  Amen.
*********************************
Great Article on Israel and the European Union:  www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive