Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, October 1, 2012

"....With Ourselves Your Servants For Jesus Sake"

"And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishingIn their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of GodFor what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake." (2 Cor. 4:3-5, ESV)

I am here at the Ronald Reagan Airport awaiting my flight back to Pittsburgh.  It has been a very full week of 12 hour days, much singing with the spirit and the understanding, all in the Holy Spirit (a little paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 14).  People from various countries signed the guest register, and many curious people just stopped by to see what was going on.  Today, a man who was smoking stopped by the tent.  He came in for a while, than went over to the guest register.  My curiosity got the best of me, so I went over to the guest register.  I saw that he wrote something in Polish.  I could read the, "God bless you," and he made a drawing of a heart. 

Our text really impacted me anew this morning. 
So many people of all "types" stopped by, or walked by slowly over this past week.  As our text came to me, I prayed an "eye-opening" and heart opening prayer from the passage.  As our Lord Jesus Christ opened physical eyes, He can surely open spiritually blind eyes.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I continue to pray for Your Power to open blind eyes, to overthrow the power of, "the god of this world," and to unveil the Gospel of Jesus.  Amen.
*****************
What President Obama and two of his predecessors, Presidents FDR and Truman, have in common:
www.jerusalemberlinwashington,blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive