Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, October 8, 2012

What Are You Learning?

"All things I am strong for in the One Who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Greek Interlinear)

The NIV says, "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."  What is the, "this"?  In the verses just prior to our text, the NIV says, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plentyI have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."  Yes, this is a principle for all of life, and underlies all promises in the Bible, "I have learned." 

"I have learned"--- If one reads the Bible carefully, this is how all of us grow into Kingdom behavior; we learn it in life's experiences.  I can say without a doubt that this is how the great and wonderful promises and principles of the Kingdom have been written in my heart and mind, "I have learned."  We do not "learn" the Bible in a Bible study class or preaching time; such gatherings give us His Words.  "I have learned," comes in life's experiences.  Peter did not learn faith on the Mount of Beatitudes.  He learned faith in the storm on the lake.

Today is another day, another week.  Hopelessness and drudgery face most humans on the planet.  But to those who are in Christ and He in them, there is anticipation.  Every day is another day of fellowship in the Godhead, fellowship of peace and assurance, new horizons of prophetic revelation, never a dull moment in Christ.  For our friends in Eastern Europe and Africa, the sun is already beginning to set.  But no matter where we are on Planet Earth, no matter the time zone, "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever."  Your yesterdays, today, and forever are full of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, His words of unspeakable comfort, plans for our lives, direction, provision.  As the years go by, we come to "understand" more and more, "All things I am strong for in the One Who strengthens me." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, one thing I ask for beyond all others, that I learn Your Words.  Amen.
***********************
* Van already full for mission to "David's Tent" in Washington, DC, October 17
* Men:  We still have room for the November 3 mission.  Be sure to let us know if you are interested; we have 4 places left

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive