Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, October 12, 2012

"Restless Wander[ing] On The Earth"

"....I will be a restless wanderer on the earth...."  (Genesis 4:14b, NIV)

The human race has been searching for Eden ever since it chose to leave.  Someone might say, "We didn't choose to leave."  Yes we did.  The moment the decision was made to believe someone other than The Word of God, the human race began a journey as Cain, "a restless wanderer on the earth."

This is the lot of those who choose their own way rather than Jesus Christ, Who alone is, "the Way."  Yet it is not just the "way" of the unbeliever.  I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ when I was a young boy, but that does not mean I don't know the horror of, "a restless wanderer on the earth."  It doesn't take much, a little rebellion here, a little self-will there, and we are left to ourselves to find our way.  Okay, so maybe it doesn't seem to be a lifetime of restless wandering, but when I surrendered my life to Jesus, at that moment I stepped into eternity, and I can say that the consequence of disobedience has an "eternal feel" to it.

It is not a pleasant feeling at all, this, "restless wanderer on the earth."  It is a feeling of being lost, alone.  I wish to avoid it like the proverbial "plague," because that is exactly what it is, a disease, a sickness which destroys life.  In Jesus, though, the wandering ceases.  I am at rest, "focused," if you will, in His purposes, His will.  Our Lord Jesus Christ understands perfectly, "a restless wanderer on the earth."  Hebrews 4:15 tells us, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." 

Jesus still says today to me, to you, to all humanity, with the Authority, Compassion, and Love of the Godhead, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy, and I will give you restTake My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for saving me from a life as a, "restless wanderer on the earth."  Amen.
************************
Iran Still Defiant:  www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive