Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Man's Choice: "Destruction/Destroyer" Or Creator/Deliverer

"And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in the Greek he has the name Appollyon." (Revelation 9:11)

"I wish I could place my trust in the hands of a Creator.  I wish I could look in my life and the lives of my children and all I have loved and see them as preludes to a better world.  But, try as I might, I cannot.  And so I am left to ponder the pointlessness of our strivings on this earth and to ask impossible questions, and receive no answers."  This is a quote from a recent book written by a popular conservative writer.   "Pointlessness of our strivings on this earth," is the only conclusion of a life without Jesus, a life without total trust in, and acceptance of His Words.  The stark reality of life is that the test tube will not prove Him and His Words, the debate of mankind cannot "prove" Him, will solve nothing, convince no one.  Only absolute trust can "prove" Him.

Our text speaks of his Satanic majesty whose work is to leave humanity with the same pointless, hopeless conclusion as the above writer.  The margin of my Bible says that the literal meaning of, "Abaddon," is, "Destruction," and, "Apollyon," is, "Destroyer."  It is interesting that our text is 9:11, a day which revealed, "Destruction," and, "Destroyer."  No more accurate description of the Devil/Satan and his work exists.  He is, "Destruction," personified, and wherever he rules, whether in nations or in men, his sole purpose in existence is to be the, "Destroyer," of everything, mankind, nature, the universe of God's Creation.  The writer quoted above is a sad example of the work of, "Destruction," a life destroyed by the, "Destroyer."  Rev. 9:1 says, "To him was given the key to the bottomless pit," literally, "shaft of the abyss."  Do you see today just what, "the accuser of the Brethren," offers humanity?  Does not everything which describes Satan describe a life without Jesus Christ?  On the other hand, in Jesus Christ we have The Creator, Healer, Deliverer, Shepherd, Light, Bread, Resurrection, Way, Truth, Life.  Who would choose any Other?

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that when, "Destruction," and, "Destroyer," come at me, Creator, Healer, Deliverer,  Resurrection Shepherd wins.  Amen. 
**********************
Watch a great video of life over destruction/destroyer at:
Unreached People Group: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive