Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The "Two-Edged Sword"


"And the Philistines stood on a mountain on the one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side: and there was a valley between them." (1 Sam. 17:3)

This has always been a "mighty" passage for me.  Every time I come to it, I see the conflict of the ages, "The Philistines...on a mountain on the one side, and Israel...on the mountain on the other side...."  Both sides, "dr[aw]n up in battle array to encounter," the other.  This today is for you and me.  The Enemy of men's souls, "drew up in battle array," long before you and I even rose from sleep this morning.  In fact, he is in, "battle array," 24/7/365(6).

David's "declaration" to Goliath was based solely in the Words of God.  "You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin.  But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."  These words preceded David's sling and the stone.  All through Scripture, this principle uttered by David rules.  It rules in every situation of mankind, from the smallest personal matter to the matters of nations.  The battle of life finds the one who stands on this principle emerging as victor.  It is the Word of God, Jesus Christ, and the breath of His Mouth, the Scriptures, which is foundational to finding ourselves on the winning side in this cosmic battle.  50 years ago, the religious community in America stood idly by as the US Supreme Court outlawed, "the Words of God," and the prayer of Jesus in the state ("public") school system. America has been accelerating toward a total Darwinian culture ever since.  

Consider the Scripture, "It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  The Bible says of Jesus, "....Out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword."  The, "God-Breathed," Scriptures are, "the two-edged sword," which come, out of the Mouth of, "The Word of God," Jesus Christ.  Here alone, my friend, is victory for men and nations.  And here alone, just as on that valley floor between two opposing armies so very long ago, is personal and national survival.  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I was going to pray this, but instead I thank You for this:  Your Word is going out, "to the ends of the world."  Amen.
******************
If you want to know what people are paying for in college tuition, read this:
Unreached People Group: www.afpunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com ;

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive