Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, February 24, 2012

So You Think You Are, "Insignificant," Do You?

(Someone asked why I type in bold print certain segments of the devotionals.  The text in bold print are always and only Biblical references.)
******************
"I am insignificant and despised, but I don't forget your commandments." (Psalm 119:141, NLT)

I submit to you that if you, "don't forget [His] commandments," it really does not matter how anyone sees you.  Jesus Christ sees you as an obedient, faithful, very significant and honored follower of His.

A thought occurred to me as I was reading today's Psalms, which included Psalm 119.  The longest chapter in the Bible is given solely to, "the Word of God."  Do you think the Holy Spirit is saying something in this?!?  There are at least 11 different "descriptions" of the Word in Psalm 119, "law, testimonies, ways, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word, words, counselors, ordinances, songs."  All of these give insight concerning the Person of Jesus Christ, "The Word of God."  All of these are yours and mine, that is, if we avail ourselves of them/Him. 

I have referred before to a great quote of Derek Prince: "God is committed to His Word, and as we are committed to His Word, God is committed to us."  Now I readily admit that I have issues just as everyone on the planet.  I have sin, flaws, personality traits which are not good reflections of Jesus.  But as I continue in Jesus and His Words during all the days I have left on this Planet, I will always have, "counselors, testimonies, ways," which are Who and What He is, to impart the very Life of the Living Triune God in me.  Some of us have more "issues" than others.  But none of us have any more of, "The Word of God," and, "the Words of God," than anyone else.  The only difference is, who avails himself of such.  Psalm 119:97 gives us a key to victory in the battle of life, "Oh, how I love Your law!  It is my meditation all the day." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, You have given all I need------ You.  Amen.
****************
Here is Some Weekend Reading and Viewing:
Name, Antipas, Explanation: www.originofantipas.blogspot.com
News, Commentary: www.jerberwash.blogspot.com
Very Timely Prophetic Video: www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
Unreached People Group: www.unreachedpeoples.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive