Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"The LORD Is My Shepherd"

"The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)

I am taking some powerful meds for a bad sinus infection, and did not sleep well last night.  I was running through my head (and heart) some of the Psalms I have memorized.  Our text was one of them.  Glorious memorization of elementary days in Sunday School, but no one, not even super apostles, ever outgrows the blessing and need of this most famous of Psalms.

The Amplified says, [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack."  I heard Derek Prince once say that the literal Hebrew translation is, "The Lord-My Shepherd-no want."  The word, "want," means "no lack, no decrease."  Jesus is My Good Shepherd, and no one takes care of a sheep like, "The Lord My Shepherd," Jesus.  In Jesus Christ there are, "green pastures," and, "still waters," i.e., "waters of resting."  And what is so wondrous to all hurting people today, "He restores my soul."

Do you need restoration today?  You have "it" in Him, Jesus.  "He restores my soul," and the soul of all those who humbling seek Him.  Another Psalm of memorization says, "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek."  To all the humble who, "Seek ye my Face," restoration is yours.  What does, "Seek My Face," mean?  He does not tell us; it is ours to discover.

Father, in Jesus' Name, You are my Refreshing and Restoration, my, "green pastures," and my, "waters of resting."------------- "no lack," is mine.  Amen.
***********
"Our World and the Washington Establishment": www.apf327.blogspot.com

  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive