Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome to Comfort Inn

"So He said, 'I will certainly be with youAnd this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.'" (Exodus 3:12)

Notice that the Word of God always speaks of things done.  We tend to pray, think, and speak of things that might be.  Let me paraphrase.  "'And this shall be a sign to you,' concerning all I say.  When it comes to pass, and it certainly will, then you will know that My Words always come to pass; therefore, there should never be any doubt in your mind that what I speak is already DONE." 

I preached in Exodus 3 & 4 this past Sunday.  The phrase, "I will certainly be with you," has been staying with me.  It looks like a simple phrase, but nothing God says is "simple."  He wrote the book on profundity.  "Certainly," or beyond all doubt, or you can base your entire life on this, "I will be with you."  What more did Moses need? What more do you and I need?----- "Certainly, I will be with you."

What, "The Word of God," Who is Jesus Christ, spoke to Moses on the backside of that mountain, He would later say to His first century disciples, and to all, "those who believe in His Name....I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you."  This is unimaginable, unspeakable joy and glory.  This, my friend, is what the Cross made possible, "I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you."  In Jesus Christ, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me," is changed to, "for Thou art [in] me."     

If someone is with me, they may come and go.  Jesus Christ is in me; hence, His Presence does not.  He is "where" I am, not just somebody's meetings.  The Living Triune God, Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit is in me.  I don't leave His Presence or come to His Presence, because I do not leave Him or come to Him.  Because of the Cross, the Blood of Jesus, all Followers of Jesus can boldly say, "I will fear no evil; for Thou art [in] me."  In America we have a hotel chain called "Comfort Inn."  This is "Comfort IN"------------------- and you and I are there.

Father, in Jesus' Name, no greater miracle, no greater mystery, no greater joy than, "Thou art [in] me."  
*********************
Unreached People Group: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
"Righteous Among the Nations": www.apf327.blogspot.com
       
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive