Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, February 3, 2012

Fwd: "....Faith Is...."

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand...."(Ro. 5:1, 2a, from yesterday's first quarter reading)

My justification for acceptance into the Family and Kingdom of God is, "by faith," simply believing everything spoken, "through our Lord Jesus Christ," Who Himself is, "The Word of God."  Everything" integral to what the Bible calls, "the faith of Jesus," is, "the faith of Jesus," not of me.  Now I am called to exercise that Faith, but it is resident only in Jesus Christ.  Faith is believing, trusting, obeying Jesus Christ, "The Word of God;" forgive me, but it is that simple.  Now it is not as though I'm an expert, but I can read, and all my reading of the, "God-Breathed," Words tells me this.  For too many people the attempt at the "faith-life" is like pushing the old workout sled in football, grunt, grunt, grunt, "come on, five more yards!"  For too many, it is an attempt to find that right "worthiness," that right "confession," that right mental comprehension that will pivot us into the realm of, say, a Smith Wigglesmith, who is often referred to as "The Apostle of Faith." 

Yet there was nothing "magical," or cleverly formalized about Wigglesmith's faith.  He once said, "If it is in the Bible, it is so.  It's not even to be prayed about.  It's to be received and acted upon.  Inactivity is a robber which steals blessings.  Increase comes by action, by using what we have and know.  Your life must be one of going on from faith to faith....How can one come to possess great faith?  Now listen, here is the answer to that: First, the blade, then the ear, then the full corn in the ear.  Faith must grow by soil, moisture, and exercise" (emphasis mine).  I repeat, Fellow Believer, our faith is, "the faith of Jesus."

If Jesus Christ is resident in you and me, so is, "the faith of Jesus."  You and I need not struggle, conference and book ourselves to death.  "Be still, and know that I am God....We are His people and the sheep of His pasture."  He is saying to you and me today, "The faith you seek is My Faith, and, as I have said to you, 'If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.'"

Father, in Jesus' Name, I surrender any of my faith for Your Faith.  Amen.
*******************
There Are Several Great New Prophetic Articles at: www.apf327.blogspot.com
Unreached People Group of the Day: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive