Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Great Acceptation of Liffe

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Genesis 1:1)

July 1, Genesis 1--- The beginning of this quarterly Bible reading, and in 1943, the "beginning" of me in this time/space world.

Notice, it is, "In the beginning God created."  Creation as we know it had an, "in the beginning."  The Blessed Trinity did not.  My mind cannot comprehend this.  I do, however, accept this.  This, in my opinion, is Biblical faith.  It is not comprehension or understanding as man counts it.  Biblical faith is acceptation of the Words of God and living my life by that acceptation.  This is the best way to work one's way through the Bible.  There are perhaps more unanswered questions in the Bible than there are answered questions.  Have you ever noticed how many questions went unanswered by our Lord Jesus?  When people say, "I know that I know that I know," they really cannot mean that any more than I can say, "I know that God has no beginning."  They should really say, "I accept that I accept that I accept"------------------- what the "God-Breathed" Word declares.

I have completed a 68 year journey, a very short journey in human history, even shorter by, "In the beginning...."  My great drive today, however, is that of the Apostle Paul, "But I press on, that I may lay hold of ("seize tight hold of") that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me."  Whatever that may mean in its fulness, "I seize tight hold of that," and I pray for you and me that we will continue to, "seize tight hold of that," until, "that day."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I understand, as man counts understanding, so little of You and the Universe.  But I, "seize tight hold of," You today.  Amen.
*******
"Flotilla" Update:       apf327.blogspot

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive