Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Seems" vs. Is

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)

I do not want the, "way that seems right."  I want the way which is right. Without the rule of Jesus Christ/His Words/Holy Spirit in me, I can only operate in the "seems right" world.  Can you remember when that was the only world you knew?  All those, "seems right," days were really wondering, confused days.  We acted as though we knew the way which is right, but life proved that the Way of Jesus can only be found in Jesus Himself.
  Even after we give our hearts to the Lord, ego can keep us only in the, "ways that seems right."  Only now for many people it is just a language change--- "The Lord showed me," or, "The prophet said."  No matter; it is still a, "seems right," world. 

How do we escape the, "seems right," world?  Only through and in the, "Word of God," Himself, Jesus Christ.  But you knew this, right?  If Jesus is indeed, "the way, the truth, and the life," then the break out of the, "seems right," world into the is right world is only to the surrendered ones, the obedient ones, those who reveal love for Jesus Christ by surrendering and obeying Jesus Christ.

Throughout Church History there has been much from the, "seems right," people.  I don't want to be a part of that.  I only want, as I know you do, "the way which [Is] right," Jesus Himself, "the way, the truth, and the life."

Father, in Jesus' Name, deliver me from any, "seems right," living.  Amen.
********************
News, Commentary:        apf327.blogspotn   

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive