Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Perfect"

"The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands."  (Psalm 138:8)

Yeah, right, like the Living Triune God would ever, "forsake the works of [His] hands."  You will never, ever be forsaken; everything in the "God-Breathed" Word attests to this.  All you and I have to do is accept it. 

The word for, "perfect," in our text means "will end, complete, bring to an end," but I think the phrase, "will perfect," says it best.  Far too many get hung up on "perfect," rather than "perfect."  Our Father is Perfect, and what He does is perfect, and we are His doing, so we are perfect, being perfected into, "the image of Christ."  All I have to do is be submissive clay in the Potter's Hands and the Perfect Potter will do His Perfect Work----- "will perfect that which concerns me."  Okay, now, how did you just receive that?  Do you look at yourself and see imperfection?  Well, maybe then you should look at Our Father, then you will see Perfection.  "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."  Really?  Is that what we, "consider," today?  If I believe this, then I must realize that, "the glory which shall be revealed in us," is a completed (perfected) work of Jesus Christ.  My dear fellow Believer, if you and I really believe this, we are headed toward a "perfected glory."  Our graph can go nowhere but up!

The problem for struggling disciples has been always that we tend to look too much to and at ourselves rather than obeying the command, "Therefore...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus...."  Whatever the depths of, "looking," might be, it is a command, a command which liberates, a command which will enable you and me to see that Perfect One, doing Perfect things, the One Who, "will perfect that which concerns me"---------------- and you!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I receive Your perfect, perfecting work in me.  Amen.
**********
Just when you think nonsense and absurdity have reached their zenith, read the article at:      apf327.blogspot

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive