Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Are You Sowing What You Are Breathing?

"Therefore hear the parable of the sower...." (The Gospel Reading--Matthew 13:18)

Jesus says, "....he who received the seed...is he who hears the word of the kingdom...."  Or, "....the seed...is...the word of the kingdom...."  I say that wherever we, "sow the word of the kingdom," we pray, "the word of the kingdom."  For the seed/word to bring forth fruit, I must pray the seed/word.  Too many disciples go out to, "sow the word," without praying that, "word."  Much of what is then sown is parochial, not, "the word of the kingdom."

Someone once asked me, "If I have only a few moments to 'get with God,' which should I do, read the Bible or pray?  I said, "Both."  There is an old song which has the line, "like breathing out and breathing in."  If you do not breath out, you cannot breath in; likewise, if you don't breath in, you can't breath out.  I say reading the Bible is "breathing in;" prayer is "breathing out."  How can we breath out if we don't breath in?!?  People who just give themselves to one or the other will die.  Jesus said, "'As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.'  And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit."  "Breathe" in the Holy Spirit and, "the words of God," today.  Then "breathe" out your prayers, petitions, intercessions, declarations-----------------  What is then sown can only be God. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I breathe in, "the word of the Kingdom."  I pray that is what I breathe out.  Amen.
************
Read, "Welcome to Jimmy Carter's Second Term" at:   apf327.blogspot

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive