Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, May 23, 2011

What Have You, "Come To"?

"You have not come to...darkness, gloom and storm....You have come to...Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood...."  (From Hebrews 12:18 &24, NIV)

In other words, You have come to My world out of yours.  Mine is much better, isn't it?  Before we surrendered to Jesus Christ, "darkness, gloom and storm," was the description of our lives.  Then we responded to the great Invitation, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any man hear My voice and open the door," and Jesus, Who claims, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life," came in to, "dine with him and he with Me."  The old song became our song,

"I saw the light, I saw the light 
no more in darkness, no more at night."    

Yet , "darkness, gloom and storm," can still arise at any time.  The reason we have days when, "darkness, gloom and storm," come, is that we have reverted to our old world.  It is a battle of the Follower of Jesus which the enemy wages every day, not just once in a while, and victory depends on what, "you have come to."  If I resort to the list following, "you have not come to," defeat is surely mine.  If my continual resort is what follows, "you have come to," I experience the power and comfort of, "Mount Zion,..the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God,..angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven," and, of course the focal point of all, "to [the Living Triune] God."

Later on there is a, "See to it."  This is the call to you and me every day, "See to it."  If we do, the day will be full of overcoming power and victory----- no matter what the day hands us. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I come to You--- out of mine.  Amen.
****************
Netanyahu to speak to AIPAC tonight
www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive