Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Lord, Teach Us to Pray"

"Lord, teach us to pray...." (Luke 11:1)

Our text is perhaps one of the most quoted Biblical references in evangelical Christianity.  Yet how many of us really do what our Lord Jesus commands, yes, commands.  The Words of Jesus are not suggestions, yes, they are invitations, but to the disciple they are more than that.  They command us that if we want to "succeed" as a Follower of Jesus Christ, this is what we must do.  So I took that command today and did our text.  Here is every definition I could find for the words in our text:
"Ask"-- "I ask, request, beg, petition, demand.
"Seek"--"I seek, search for, desire, require, demand."
"Knock"-- I knock, beat a door with a stick, to gain admittance."

If you have never prayed this way, I recommend a start today.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I have been far too passive in my communion with You.  Thank You for commanding a different "approach."  Amen.
******************
www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive