Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Gospels-- The Forgotten Books?

"Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops." (Luke 12:3)

Jesus is warning against the duplicity of behavior which is a plague of humanity.  And of one thing we can be sure, "The dark," and the, "inner rooms," of life, "will be proclaimed on the housetops"--- somewhere------- sometime.  

People don't like to hear too much from the Gospels because our Lord Jesus puts too much emphasis on works, and works demand so much more of me than....  Of course the Bible declares, "we are saved through faith," and, one could say, kept through faith.  And while "Justification through faith" is central to the Gospels also, Jesus teaches us that life in the Kingdom is only for, "not everyone who says.., but he who does...."  This is Biblical faith.  The saying, "Talk is cheap" is certainly true if the talk is not synonymous with the doing.  So much glowing talk of the Bible, prayer, "Love thy neighbor", etc.  But the battleground of life is not there; it is, "in the dark...in inner rooms."

The blessing, external or internal, is not to those who talk, but to those who do.  If I do not "do" love to the checkout clerk as I do to my friends in Eastern Europe, "I have become sounding brass, or a clanging symbol";  I am just a show where show works.  But religious show in the meetings does not work in the world, the world into which our Lord Jesus sends us to, "make disciples."  It is there that the "fruits" carry equal weight with the "gifts."

One chapter per day in the Gospels takes me through the Gospels every three months.  The only way I can live the Words of Jesus Christ is to know the Words of Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am still so thankful for the day You spoke to my heart, "You say nice things about Me and I appreciate that; but tell people what I said."  I pray I always do that.  Amen.

* DC Prayer Mission, June 15
* New Articles @:  www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive