Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, October 1, 2010

"My King...My...Zion"

"Yet I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion." (Psalm 2:6)
 
The last quarter of 2010 and back to the beginning of the "God-Breathed" Word.  God will now repeat Himself to me.  I have been accused of repeating myself quite a lot over the years, but I'm in good company.  The Word of God has been repeating Himself for 2000 years.  Blessed Repetition; blessed Word of Life; blessed, "Daily Bread."  
 
Our text today is found in the Second Psalm where the Blessed Trinity addresses, "The kings of the earth...and the rulers," who have been plotting against King Jesus ever since the Fall.  How utterly stupid.  How vain to fight The Eternal One, Who is, "from everlasting to everlasting... God."  Alas, all who fight against the King, all who plot, all who practice deception, all who work covertly or overtly to overthrow the King and establish their own little fiefdoms have heard and shall hear nothing but laughter from the Throne, "He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The LORD shall hold them in derision," literally, "by implication (as if imitating a foreigner) to speak unintelligibly."  Rebellion and resistance to King Jesus is the most, "vain thing," ever attempted by man.  A person in such a state cannot understand the things of the Ever-Present One.  His Word will be foreign, unintelligible, not because God does not desire their fellowship, but because of setting their "king" on their "hill." 
 
But, my dear fellow disciple of Jesus Christ, I am convinced you are not of such.  You are of those who, "kiss the Son," embrace the Son, and submit to the Son.  Root words infer, "join" Jesus, "fasten upon" Jesus, "catch fire with" Jesus.  To those who "trust in, rely upon, cling to" and obey, King Jesus, His Word is not unintelligible because, as He has said to us of His Spirit, "But you know Him for He dwells with you and...in you."  The, "kings of the earth...and the rulers," the presidents, Prime Ministers, Parliaments, and Congresses, or any church hierarchy who prioritize anything ahead of, "the Son," Who is Father's, "King [set] on My holy hill of Zion," will be objects of nothing but derision and annihilation.  You and I, however, will hear, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, such grace and mercy that I should be grafted into the King.  Amen.
*****************************************
     
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive