Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"I...Will Manifest My Holiness in Them in the Sight of the Nations"

"Thus says the Lord GOD, 'When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of nations, then they will live in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob.'" (Ezekiel 228:25, NASB)

Throughout history, religious people have limited holiness to an outward religious show, e.g., measured dress lengths, regular church attendance, abstinence from tobacco, alcohol, swearing, etc.  This is not, "manifest My holiness;" in most cases this is manifest their holiness.  Stated succinctly, holiness is total, uncompromising obedience to Jesus Christ, "The Word of God," revealed solely in, "the Words of God," the Bible. 

Our text reveals that, "My holiness," is manifested in God's will, His purposes, His economy of the Kingdom.  To paraphrase our text, "I...will manifest My holiness (when you see the Jews) in their land which I gave to My servant Jacob."  We can say that God's Holiness is manifested in the fulfillment of His Prophetic Word.  The whole of the Bible is a manifestation of this, "My holiness," and if the Church desires to manifest, "My holiness," Her life must manifest God's design and purpose for men and nations, politically, socially----- in all things. 

Two articles @: www.apf327.blogspot.com   will help illustrate our text.  And I encourage you today to join me in the pursuit of Biblical Holiness, not some kind of holiness which brings glory to our "spirituality," our, we-are-better-than-others, but rather, "the holiness, without which no one will see the Lord."  Watch, read, listen to the news, and each day you will see more and more of, "I will manifest My holiness in them in the sight of the nations."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for grace and strength to, "manifest [Your] holiness."  Amen.
********************
New Articles at:  www.apf327.blogspot.com    

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive