Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Praise the LORD!--Praise God--Praise Him

"Praise the LORD!  Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament!" (Psalm 150:1)

It is fitting that I finish the Book of Psalms today along with the Book of Revelation, the New Testament "Book of Psalms."  There was a, "Praise Him!," before the worlds were made, and there will be, "Praise Him!," when there is, "a new heaven and a new earth."  O, earth, "Praise Him!"

I still have my horn, and over the years I have noticed an interesting phenomenon.  After playing it for a short time, I always then begin to pray in tongues, praying in my spirit energized by the Holy Spirit.  When I first noticed that, it was quite curious.  Then I remember thinking, Why not?  After all the last psalm of the Great Book of Psalms exhorts, "Praise him with the sound of the trumpet, lute, harp, timbrel, dance, stringed instruments and flutes, loud cymbals, clashing cymbals."  It is as though the horn ignites praise, quite Biblical, I might add.  I do not play the horn very much any more, and you may not play an instrument, but no matter.  Just, "Praise Him!" 

The Book of Psalms ends with the word, "Praise," mentioned 13 times in 6 verses.  For the Follower of Jesus Christ, life will also end in, "praise."  Until then, when we enter, "the age to come," Father, I pray, in Jesus' Name,

     "Finish then thy new creation;
     pure and spotless let us be;
     let us see thy great salvation
     perfectly restored in thee:
     changed from glory into glory,
     till in heaven we take our place,
     till we cast our crowns before thee,
     lost in wonder, love, and 'praise.'"  Amen.
*************************
Prophetic News, Commentary:  www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive