Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yes, I Know-- I'm Flooding Cyberspace-- But So Is The Deceiver; Therefore......

"Knowing therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences." (2 Corinthians 5:11)
 
The Bible says of our witness, "we persuade men."  Yet some call what we do, "propaganda."  Propaganda is defined as "ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also, a public action having such effect."  I can accept that.  Anyway, it is fairly similar to the word for, "persuade," in our text, "'to apply persuasion, to prevail upon or win over, to persuade,' bringing about a change of mind."
 
Now I know some people wonder if what I put on our Blog and my political/ social/cultural commentaries embedded in the devotionals, have anything do with the Gospel.  No, they don't.  They have everything to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Reigning and Soon Coming King, King of, "the city of the Great King," Jerusalem.  Christians must simply get over this religious confine of "churchianity."  Jesus came to, "save ('deliver or protect, heal, preserve, make whole, prosper') His people from their sins," now, not just in the future.  Ours is an eternal salvation, which includes every aspect of life, yes, political, social, cultural, not just the "altar call" life.            
 
The Bible says that our, "purpose is that...they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledgeI tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments."  Make no mistake; "fine-sounding arguments," are deceptive, illusive, disguised as unrelated to evangelicalism's limited view of the cosmos.  But I do not argue with people.  I attempt to, "persuade men."  I will have nothing to do with arguing's fruitless endeavor.  I do pray, however, for persuasion skills.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, in the power of the Holy Spirit, knowing, "the terror," and the coming Judgment, grant me persuasion anointing.  Amen.
******************************************  
Necessary propaganda at:  www.apf327.blogspot.com
 



When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive