Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, April 9, 2010

Some Thoughts From Today's Readings

From Psalms 43:
"For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God." (The word translated, "help," means, "salvation, deliverance, aid, victory, prosperity," Well, I guess that takes care of about everything)
 
From Proverbs 9:
"Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; rebuke a wise man, and he will love you." (Reality check on who I am.)
 
From Genesis 41:
"....Joseph said to Pharaoh,...God has shown Pharaoh what He is about to do....So [Pharaoh] set him over all the land of Egypt. (No "separation of church and state" here.  I pray this daily for our countries)
 
From Isaiah 19:
"Behold, the LORD rides on a swift cloud, and will come into Egypt; the idols of Egypt will totter at His presence, and the heart of Egypt will melt in its midst....I will destroy their counsel....In that day Egypt will be like women, and will be afraid and fear because of the waving of the hand of the LORD of hosts, which He waves over it....In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the LORD at its border....And He will send them a Savior and a Mighty One, and He will deliver them." (Great "Tea Party" Prayer)
 
From Daniel 9 (NLT):
"During the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, was studying the writings of the prophets.  I learned from the word of the LORD...."  (Well, I guess we know where this all comes from.)
 
From Matthew 9:
"So Jesus arose and followed him...." (When our son died, Jesus, "followed," me.)
 
From Acts 9:
"Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord,...fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him,...I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting." (When I was in my, "still," I heard the Merciful Voice of Jesus.)
 
From 1 Thessalonians 1:
"....Wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come."  (I'll do that.)  
 
Father, in Jesus' Name--------------how rich and marvelous.  Amen.
****************************************
Obama Does it Again:         www.apf327.blogspot.com
Priority Prophetic Video:    www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
Jerusalem Watch:              www.apfjw.blogspot.com
    
 
When an 18 year old Norwegian "heard the call to evangelize China, he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive