Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Eric Liddell, a "Seek First the Kingdom of God," Citizen

(This is an excerpt from the article about Eric Liddell which I sent to our Blog Site: www.apf327.blogspot.com)

"Winston Churchill negotiated an exchange of prisoners but, typically, Liddell refused to go, giving up his place to a pregnant woman.  He died on Feb 21, 1945, five months before liberation.

"A fellow internee, Stephen Metcalfe, later wrote of Liddell: 'He gave me two things. One was his worn out running shoes, but the best thing he gave me was his baton of forgiveness. He taught me to love my enemies, the Japanese, and to pray for them.'"
**************

When an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive