Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"All Things are Open to the Eyes of Him"

"And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)

There is a popular American statement, "What I do in my private life is nobody's business."  Even courts make rulings based on such thinking.  You may recall a Supreme Court decision on a homosexuality case in Texas which used similar language.  It basically said that what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is only
their business.  Well, a person's life may not be any of my business or a court's business, but everyone's life is the business of Our Living Triune God, revealed in Jesus Christ.  I see no language in the Bible which supports the philosophy of "private life."  It is rather, "And there is no creature hidden from His sight," from, "the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."  The next time you are tempted to think, "No one sees," and, "It's nobody's business," just remember our text.     

Yesterday I wrote of the non-Kingdom view of life, "this is a business
aspect of the church, it's not spiritual."  Someone needs basic discipleship training.  In the Biblical view of life there is no "separation of Church and State," no separation of Jesus Christ from anything or anyone, no "private life" and "public life;" there is just--- life.  If I believe that Jesus Christ is, "
a very present help in trouble," and, "I will never, no never leave you nor forsake you," and, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," I must remember that all the great promises of His Word comes with, "all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account."

Father, in Jesus' Name, if there is any, "It's nobody's business," in me, deliver me from such.  Amen.
**********************************
New You Need:     www.apf327.blogspot.com

When an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive