Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, September 11, 2009

"Choose You This Day" Or Someone Will Choose For You

"Servants of the word." (Luke 1:2)
 
The makers of "The Third Jihad" are offering a free showing today of their documentary.  Just type in-- Free showing of the third jihad-- in your search bar.  People who have AOL may have difficulty opening it.  I would suggest that you try another free server.  Firefox is a good one.  I saw this film while attending a pro Israel event in Washington, DC last May.  It is worth the viewing. 
 
America has been at war with the Arab/Islamic World ever since it was the first nation to recognize Israel as a sovereign nation in its homeland of 3500 years.  In fact, the West has been at war with the Arab world for many, many centuries.  Judgment would be understandable on the United States of America whose Current Administration, including many in the Congress, American church, media, and entertainment are blatantly anti-Israel and anti-Semitic, and have chosen the side of the enemies of the Cross of Christ. 
 
Wherever you live in the world, if you are a Follower of Jesus Christ, an obedient "servant of the Word," you are at war also.  Maybe you don't think so, but the enemies of the Cross of Christ do.  President Bush is hated in America and around the world not because of his policies, not because he is a Republican, but because during the 2000 presidential primary he identified himself with Jesus Christ.  If you are out for self preservation, you won't want to make the same mistake!
 
There was a documentary made in 1973 by a British company, entitled, "The World at War."  It was about Word War Two.  We are now involved in World War Three.  While we "wrestle not against flesh and blood," we do wrestle.  The Greek word is one of intense violence.  This is what you "signed up" for whether you realize it or not.  I am quite frankly increasingly angry at a brand of Christianity which keeps trying to improve sales by deceiving people into a self realization, self centered, bless me, prosper me, make me happy religion.  But perhaps the real anger should be towards those who allow themselves to be so cheaply taken in by the deception.
 
Five days after September 11, 2001, I was on a plane to Israel, not because of some John Wayne syndrome, but because I was determined that the Arab/Islamic world would not win another battle of intimidation.  I am not a brave person.  I do not have a death wish.  My only "wish," my prayer, is that I remain among the faithful "servants of the word," the Lord Jesus Christ, for the remainder of my days.  I pray the same for you.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, may it be so.  Amen.
*******************************************
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive