Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"I Am Your Reward" (The Lord God to Abraham)

"....From men of this world whose reward is in this life...." (Psalm 17:14a)

Weather forecasters know nothing "for sure."  Once in a while you will see a 100% chance of rain, but very rarely.  Years ago I heard an astronaut say that it's not weather forecasting; it's "weather guessing."  This is life.  This is life for everyone, even the Believer in Jesus Christ.  Talk of "promises" all you may, there is a scary reality, at least for those "
whose reward is in this life."  No one knows anything about tomorrow.  Remember September 11, 2001?--- bright sunny day, business as usual in America.  Then..................

Olimpia's death was a terribly blow to me and Sarah.  We were only with her a few times in this life, but what a joy she was to be around.  Now she is gone from us.  So many questions have so few answers that really satisfy.  But what our Lord Jesus said at Lazarus' tomb has
stayed with me for decades.  "
I am the resurrection, and the life: he who believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die."  Those "whose reward is in this life" will find little if any comfort in this claim and promise.  It has kept me alive.

Father, in Jesus' Name, You are to me as You were to Abraham, "
I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."  Comfort all who mourn today with these words and Your Word, Jesus Christ.  Amen.
***************************
See report that Al Qaeda threatens Germany with 9/11 style attack-----very soon:          www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com  



"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive