Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rejected? You're in Good Company

"He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me." (Luke 10:16)

The rejection of Jesus Christ was a rejection of everything about Jesus--- His Person, His Life, His Words, His Father, His Followers. It was and is a rejection of the challenge He brings to our pride and self-centered lives.  Perhaps conviction is the key word here.  My Dad used to say, "Watch the person who makes you the most angry.  They probably are exactly who you need."  I am not so egotistical as to think that everyone who rejects me rejects Jesus Christ.  There are things about me
I "reject."  But I can say with the same certainty that many people who have rejected me over the years have indeed rejected Jesus Christ, His Words, His Kingdom-------- in favor of themselves, their words, and their kingdoms.

While many of us do experience rejection because of undesirable characteristics, the truth is, much of our rejection in life is due to Jesus Christ living and reigning in us.  Today, don't take that rejection so personally.  Jesus said, "
My teaching is not my own.  It comes from him who sent me."  If our lives and mouths speak the "teaching" of Jesus-------------------------------------------- then, let come what may.

Father, in Jesus' Name, may any suffering which comes my way be for you and not for me.  Amen.
**************************
* Israel Mission:                    Oct. 16- 25 (Send Contributions to: FHMP)
* Berlin, Albania Mission:     Oct. 30-Nov. 16
* News, Commentary, Analysis:     www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com
* Preaching in the CCE meetings this coming weekend


"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive