Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, May 8, 2009

Doing Is Better Than Saying

"Then Samuel said, 'Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD?  Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams.'"
(1 Samuel 15:22)
 
In other words, obedience is everything.  Think of what evangelical Christendom has emphasized--- prayer, the Bible, missions, church activities, etc.  Yet the Bible says, "To obey is better...."  The "obedience factor" either validates or invalidates my life.  I can confess, preach, witness, which are all "obedience" practices, but if there is selective obedience in me anywhere, "I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal."
 
Today it is incumbent upon you and me to work on our obedience.  The Lord Jesus tells us, "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?"  How selective we have been.  But if you and I consider the Word of Father as Truth, then no matter what we are about today, the happiest we will be, the greatest delight in this day will be the obedience life.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to look for every opportunity to obey.  Amen.   
**********************************
 
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2


A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Blog Archive