Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Theology 101

"In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear....In God (I will praise His word), in the LORD (I will praise His word)...." (From Psalm 56:4, 10)
 
Someone once asked me if our text means that we should praise the Bible.  My answer needs a little theology 101.
 
The Hebrew word, "dabar," translated, "word," in our text is from a primitive root which means, "to speak," i.e., the whole concept of communication.  Now there has been debate over the years as to whether, "dabar," is akin to the Greek word, "logos," used as in, among other places, John 1:1, "....And the Word was God."  From what I have been able to study, I believe it does.  Even Vine writes that, "the 'word' of God (dabar) indicates God's thoughts and will."  He later writes of the Greek word, "logos," that it denotes expression of thought, not the mere name of an object, as embodying a conception or idea."  (Are you still with me?) 
 
So we have, "thoughts, will, conception," or, "dabar," and, "logos."  This all speaks of Father's Heart, Father's "Mind," Father's Revelation, Father's Purpose, Father's Communication with His creation, Father's Word; hence, I give you, Jesus Christ.  The Revelation Word of the Blessed Trinity to Moses was, "I am that I am," or, "I am Who I am," or "I am What I am."  His Revelation Word in Jesus Christ is---------------- "Here I am!" 
 
Okay, so based on a very brief theology 101, I offer you this translation for a devotional thought today.  You must keep in mind that the word, "His," is not in the Hebrew text of verse 10.  "In God I will praise His Jesus....In God I will praise Jesus, in the LORD I will praise Jesus."  Well, only one word remaining that comes to me-------------------------------- Hallelujah. 
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, in You I praise Jesus, in You I praise Jesus, in You I praise Jesus------------------------------- Hallelujah.  Amen.
*****************************************
*    Preaching in the CCE meetings, March 21, 22
*    You are not properly informed if you do not regularly go to:
      www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com         
 
 
 
"Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive