Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 16, 2009

What Keeps Us From Each Other?

"Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually." (1 Corinthians 12:27)

This is the American church--- "
members individually."  Think for a moment of what really takes you to those Church gatherings, prayer meetings, Bible Studies, etc.  Is it the realization that we "are the body of Christ," or, mostly that we are "members individually," just going to get our "tanks filled."  Our text is a reminder of who we are in Jesus Christ, one Body, many members, bound together in the Blood of Jesus, the Body of Jesus.

We do not live close to our "church family."  Our fellowship mainly consists in a once a week gathering with Believers in the main service.  Occasionally I meet with some of the Brothers during the week.  But, "
continuing daily," just doesn't happen.  Only a very few in the modern church even come close to this.  Is it that, "members individually," has overtaken, "Now you are the Body of Christ?"  While in a modern society the "cure" may seem illusive, the "cause" for it are my main concern. 

Have many of us become as the man interviewed by Chuck Colson many years ago when asked of his definition of the Church?---- "I'm my own church."  I completely reject this American "rugged individualism," especially when it separates me from the rest of Christ's Body.  I say today to every Brother and Sister in Jesus Christ, in America and around the world, "I need you; I am a part of you as you are a part of me------- '
in Christ.'"

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me, and any of my Brethren who are isolated, in all of this.  Amen.
***************************
I will be preaching in the CCE meetings this weekend.
News, Commentary:          www.antipasprayerforce.blogspot.com


"
Looking Unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2



**************
You can't always choose whom you love, but you can choose how to find them. Start with AOL Personals. (http://personals.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntuslove00000002)

Blog Archive