Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, May 1, 2008

"It's All Right--We Have Eternity Together" (Jesus)

"But thou, O LORD, art a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head."  (Psalm 3:3-- RSV)
 
I first heard a song taken from our text back in the early 1990's-- simple, powerful, encouraging, affirming.  I have not been feeling well for the past couple of weeks, but this "simple" verse, this simple confession of faith, this "God-Breathed" Word this morning has been a great encouragement and comfort.  You know, when you have walked with our Lord Jesus for as long as you can remember, "through many dangers, toils, and snares," it really doesn't take much to lift your head.
 
If you opened this devotional today looking for some deep, new revelation, you may have overlooked that fact that The Blessed Trinity is right there with you and in you saying, "Child, never, never forget, 'I am a shield about you.  I am your Glory, and the Lifter of your head.  'Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away,' and that means, You and I will never pass away."  It's going to be all right.  We have Eternity together.
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, You are dearer each day.  Amen.




Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Blog Archive