Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Could a Child Bring Dry Bones to Life?

"And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry."  (Ezekiel 37:2--ESV)

"
Very many" and "very dry"---   Have you felt like one of them in recent days/months/years?  Later we discover that the Lord God was speaking of the "whole house of Israel."  This is not unusual for the People of God, but certainly not enviable.  Why it happens could probably fill a library.  Yes, the context suggests that it is a lack of the Word and Holy Spirit, "So I prophesied (the Word) as he commanded me, and the breath (the Spirit) came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceeding great army."  But could there be something more we may have overlooked? 

I remember that every great spiritual revelation/move in my life was preceded and accompanied by a very childlike life style.  I was open, teachable, and when I encountered the "Word of the Lord," and saw Him at work, I responded with boundless enthusiasm.  Could it be that dryness comes when we "grow up," and are no longer a child before the Lord Jesus?  "
Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it."  Check your "childhood" status today.  It may hold the key to a great breakthrough.  Revival could be just a "child" away.

Father, in Jesus' Name, where I have gone too far, take me back, back to the childlike anticipation, trust, and wonder of a little child.  Amen.



**************
Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

Blog Archive