Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 17, 2024

THE VOICE OF OUR SHEPHERD

"Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."  (John 10:5)

During my first year in seminary, a professor mentioned, "The Gospel According Nicodemus."  I remember going to the library stacks after class to look up the book; I found it.  After a few pages, I remember thinking, "Something's wrong here."  

It was not the Shepherd's Voice.  The professor may have said that it was a gnostic work, but I apparently had not heard that.   I just remember thinking how neat it would be to read something which Nicodemus wrote.

As you and I daily surrender our lives to Jesus Christ, we have His very Being and voice in our very beings.  May we trust His voice at all times, viz., the "witness" in the Holy Spirit, and equally, or perhaps mostly, keep Jesus' Words (the Bible) as "the Master's Voice."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for Your Voice in Your, "God-Breathed," Words, the Scriptures.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2"To 

Blog Archive