Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

"THIS MAN RECEIVES SINNERS...."

"And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, 'This Man receives sinners and eats with them.'"  (Luke 15:2)

I know I have written about our text before, and I know I repeat myself.  I remember thinking, however, a long time ago that every time I read the Bible, God repeats Himself.

Our text cannot be surpassed in the revelation of the love of our Savior and King, Jesus Christ.  If this were not Who Jesus is, I would be "of all men most miserable."  But because the Living Triune God, "....receives sinners and eats with them..," I'm in the, "Household of Faith," enjoying the feast. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am eternally thankful that You are He Who, "....receives sinners and eats with them."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive