Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, May 26, 2024

"I'D RATHER HAVE JESUS THAN.............."

"But we will certainly do whatever has gone out of our own mouth, to burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to heras we have done....For then we had plenty of food, were well-off, and saw no trouble.  But since we stopped..., we have lacked everything...."  (From Jeremiah 44:17 & 18)

"Well-off"---- really?!?  I have known people who admitted to succumbing to this deception.

God didn't come through for them, so they burned, "....incense to the queen of heaven." The reason was the same as those in our text.  They concluded that things were "better" before they gave up all to follow Jesus.

Now I know you are probably thinking, "I would never do that."  And I so pray.  I remind us all, moreover, that no matter what may happen to us, "....what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"  

There is an old song, "I'd Rather Have Jesus."  I would encourage you to "Google it" and pray you come to the same conclusion as the song writer.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You, King of Heaven and Earth, that You are my everything.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive