Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, November 9, 2023

"....MUTUALLY ENCOURAGED...."

"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong-- that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."  (Romans 1:11, 12)

I do, but most of us are so far apart.  I once had a gathering at the Lamplighter in Delmont, PA, years ago.  It was a sort of update, but for me it was also, "....mutually encouraged by each other's faith."  Fellowship is not a one way street.

You see this attitude in the First Century Church revealed in the Book of Acts as well as all of the Epistles, and, I might add in our Lord Jesus as well, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you...."

"....mutually encouraged by each other's faith", means sharing and listening, I mean, really listening.  No one of us has all we need to be encouraged.  It is, "....mutually encouraged...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for the Brethren in my lifetime who have fulfilled today's text in my life.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive