Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

"IN THE DAY OF MY TROUBLE...YOU WILL ANSWER ME"

"In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, for You will answer me."  (Psalm 86:7)

This is a great "statement of faith."  Too many of us, however, turn this around, "Will You answer me?"

I am finding more and more that our Living Triune God "answers" so many more of our prayers than we realize, and in ways we all too often fail to see.

Jesus tells us to keep praying no matter what seems to be the result.  "And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?  I tell you that He will avenge them speedily."  Maybe you and I need a new definition of, "speedily."  He then adds a very sobering question. "Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?"

What about you and me today?  Will we be found walking in faith, continually pressing in, interceding, doing battle in the heavenlies, "....when the Son of Man comes...?"

Father, in Jesus' Name, my prayer is that our Holy Spirit will continually convict me of, "sin, righteousness, and judgement," concerning You and Your work in my life.  Amen.
**********************
Thank you to those who have contributed to the Crow Mission, August 2-13.  You can send contributions to:
FHMP
645 E. Pittsburgh St.
Suite 196
Greensburg 
PA
15601 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive