Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, June 8, 2023

'DREAD OF GOD HAS NO EFFECT"

"An oracle within my heart concerning the transgression of the wicked person:  Dread of God has no effect on him." (Psalm 36:1, CSB)

As I look at the current state of the world, there are times when I am tempted to take a "what's-the-use" approach.  Instead of the reverse, viz., seeing people begin to walk in, "the fear of the Lord," we are reading of and watching, "Dread of God has no effect on him."

Our text perfectly describes individuals and nations who reject Jesus Christ, His Person, His Work.  Now I confess that I pray mostly, "....with the spirit."  Frankly, most of the time I just do not know, "....how to pray as I ought."  But when I do, "pray with my understanding," I intend to add our text to that praying, that the leaders of nations and the rest of humanity experiences, "Dread of God has...effect on him."

Father, in Jesus' Name, may it be so.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive