Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, May 4, 2023

'MY SUPPORT"

"They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my stay (support)."  (Psalm 18:18, NASB)

He is speaking of our enemies here.  But we know from Ephesians 6 that our enemies are, "not flesh and blood."  Our real battle is, "against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places."  Apart from Jesus Christ I am no match for them. 

Let me remind us that the, "....whole armor of God," is the Person of our Lord Jesus Christ Himself.  Every "piece" of the armor mentioned later in the chapter is a description of His Person.  Sometimes in our attempts at "spiritual warfare" we can get too full of ourselves.  

Make no mistake: "The Lord [Jesus Christ] was is) my support," or, "protector, sustenance."  It is sort of similar to, "The Lord [Jesus Christ] is my Shepherd."  In the cosmic struggle and in our daily battles, Jesus is our, "Perfect Everything."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You are, "....my support."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive