Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, May 21, 2023

"GO" WITH WHAT JESUS HAS GIVEN YOU

"'I cannot go in these,' he said, 'because I am not used to them.'  Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of His shepherd's bag...."  (1 Samuel 17:39c-40c, NIV)

Saul thought that David should go against Goliath in Saul's armor.  Don't try to fight life's battle in another's armor.  "I am not used to them," should be our caution also. 

We learn from others and listen to teaching.  Our Lord Jesus Christ, however, has given each of us a testimony which is unique to us.  Fish in the waters of your testimony, not Saul's.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for my "shepherd's bag."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive